I recently updated to OSX Mavericks, and it’s been completely painless except for a single issue. I use a fullscreen iTerm2 instance on my second monitor to output test results, but occasionally it would freeze and not update the output until I tabbed away from MacVim.
I suspect that this was because of App Nap, but actually I’m not sure because I accidentally changed two things at once:
Disabling App Nap for iTerm2
- Update to the newest iTerm2 (necessary to change the App Nap setting)
- Open Finder
- Navigate to Applications > iTerm.app
- Press Cmd-I (Get Info)
- Under General, tick “Prevent App Nap”
Get rid of menu bar on secondary monitor
- Open System Preferences
- Navigate to Mission Control
- Untick “Displays have seperate Spaces”
EDIT: As mentioned by George in the comments, it is now possible to disable App Nap directly in the iTerm preferences. Only available in the nightly build at the time of writing.